Edit+ Installation Guide
Last Updated: 08 May 2020
This guide will help you install Edit+ on your Squiz Matrix System.
This guide is current for Squiz Matrix version 5.4 and 5.5.
Install Guides for Older Versions
The table below contains links to installation guides for previous versions of Easy Edit Suite/Edit+.
|EES/Edit+ Versions||Squiz Matrix Compatibility||Archived Install Guides|
|435 to 833||3.28.0 to 3.28.9||Install Guide for EES Phase 1 and 2 (PDF)|
|1081 to 1141-3||4.4.1 to 4.8.1||Install Guide for EES Phase 3 (PDF)|
|1645 to 1.5.0||4.6.6 to 4.18.9||Install Guide for EES Phase 4 (PDF)|
|5.0 to 5.1||5.0 to 5.1||Install Guide for Matrix 5.0 - 5.1|
|5.2 to 5.3||5.2 to 5.3||Install Guide for Matrix 5.2 - 5.3|
Extracting the Edit+ Files onto the Server
This guide assumes that you have installed Squiz Matrix into /var/www/ - please make adjustments to commands as required. It also assumes you have downloaded and placed a copy of the Edit+ package into the /var/www/matrix/data/public directory on your server.
Running the following commands will navigate you to the correct directory and unpack Edit+ into the matrix/data/public folder. The downloaded file will contain a version number, so be sure to replace [version] with the current version number in the commands below.
$ cd /var/www/matrix/data/public $ tar -zxf edit-plus-[version].tar.gz $ rm edit-plus-[version].tar.gz
After running these commands, you should have a new directory called /ees.
Configuring the Edit+ Manager
The Edit+ Manager can be found in the System Management folder on the root level of the Matrix install. It allows you to configure various option for Edit+. For more information please view the Edit+ Manager guide.
View the Details screen of the Edit+ Manager. If you have successfully installed Edit+, you will see the version listed in the Edit+ Status field. If the field says "Not Installed", make sure you have followed the steps above to install the Edit+ package correctly.
Take note of the of the Edit+ Configuration code. It will be populated by default with the configuration options needed for Edit+ to function. You can find more configuration options in the Edit+ Manager guide.
You can restore the Edit+ Configuration code to the default values at anytime by enabling the Restore Configuration To Default option and saving the screen.
In the Restrictions section, the Root Nodes option will be initially be set to the Root Folder of Matrix (Asset ID #1). This will allow Edit+ to be available for all assets within the system. You can change this option to restrict the availability to one or more assets within Matrix, allowing you granular control over which sites can be edited via Edit+.
Adding Edit+ to Your Design's Parse File
To use Edit+ on a Site, the Parse File of the Site's Design must be edited.
To do this:
- Right click on the Design and select Edit Parse File.
- At the very top of the parse file, before any other code, add the following:
<mysource_area id_name="editplus" design_area="editplus"/>
- Click Save.
When you access
/_edit on a URL of your site the Edit+ interface will now load instead of the default Simple Edit interface.
Customising Global Edit+ Configurations
Sometimes you might want to customise the settings of your global Edit+ config that are sourced from the Edit+ Manager for a particular site. The best way to do this is to nest in some additional code into the Edit+ Design Area that lets you overwrite any of these global settings.
To do this:
- Create a new Standard Page called Edit+ Config and make it Live.
- On the Edit Contents screen, edit the properties of the Content Container and change the Presentation setting to Raw (no formatting) and the Content Type setting to Raw HTML.
- In this Raw HTML Container, you can add your custom Edit+ configuration. For example, the code is customising the Asset Finder Locations and Google Analytics View ID configuration options, which will overwrite the global values set by the Edit+ Manager asset's config:
- Now we need to include this code into our Design. Edit the Design Parse File again and locate your
- Add a new Nested Design Area before the
editpluscode and then use the Print Design Tag to print the nested content inside the
editplustag, like this:
<mysource_area id_name="editplus_custom" design_area="nest_content" print="no" /> <mysource_area id_name="editplus" design_area="editplus"> <mysource_print id_name="editplus_custom" /> </mysource_area>
- On the Details screen of the base level (direct children) Customisation(s) of your Site's Design, customise the editplus_custom Design Area.
- On the Details screen of the customised design area, select the Edit+ Config Standard Page asset in the Nested Asset field.
The Print setting on the
editplus_customDesign Area should be set to No.
<!-- Custom Edit+ Config --> <script> EasyEditConfig.assetFinderLocations = [7219, 7397, 8737]; EasyEditConfig.analyticsViewId = 1234; </script>
Removing Edit+ From a Design
To remove Edit+ from a Design:
- Acquire the lock(s) on the Edit Parse File screen of the Design file.
- Remove the whole Edit Plus Design Area from the top of the parse file and click Save. This will remove references to Edit+ in the parse file of the Design.
Edit+ will now be removed from your Design.
- Edit+ for Squiz Matrix
- Asset Finder
- Asset Creation Wizard
- Edit Mode
- Details Screen
- Metadata Screen
- Workflow Screen
- Linking Screen
- URLs Screen
- Analytics Screen
- WYSIWYG Editor
- Accessibility Auditor
- Editing a Standard Page
- Editing an Image
- Editing a Custom Form
- Editing a Calendar Event
- Editing a Site
- Editing Other Asset Types
- Managing Contexts
- Edit+ Installation Guide
- CSS Customisations
Noticed an error?
Want to suggest an improvement?