Google Map Location
Last Updated: 03 Feb 2018
The Google Map Location asset allows you to plot locations on the Google Map with a set of latitude and longitude coordinates. Map locations allow you to show users specific points on the map such as a business, landmark or city.
Bookmarks to the headings on this page:
Once created, you can configure the settings of your Google Map Location on its associated asset screens. These screens are often the same or similar to those for a Standard Page and are described in the Asset Screens manual. In this chapter, we will describe the Details screen, which is different for a Google Map Location.
The Details screen of a Google Map Location allows you to enter information about the location including its latitude and longitude and description.
This section allows you to change the location settings for the Google Map Location.
The fields available are as follows:
- Location Name: enter the name of the location. By default, this field will be the name given to
- Short Name: enter the short name of the location. By default, this field will be the name given
to the asset.
- Latitude: enter the latitude coordinates of the location. This will be used to plot the location on
the Google Map.
- Longitude: enter the longitude coordinates of the location. This will be used to plot the location
on the Google Map.
- Description: enter a description of the location. This will be shown when users click a location on
the Google Map.
- Icon URL: enter the URL of an image to be used as the icon of the location. This will overwrite
the default icon for a location on the Google Map.