The Squiz Suite Manager
Last Updated: 26 Jan 2017
Please note that as of version 220.127.116.11 of Matrix, the functionality described on this page has been deprecated.
The Squiz Suite Manager allows you to manage the connections to other products within the Squiz Suite. These products include Squiz CMS, Squiz Analytics and Squiz Search.
NOTE: You can currently only utilise Squiz Search configurations within Squiz Matrix.
Once connected, you will be able to employ the functions of these products within Squiz Matrix. For example, a Matrix Funnelback Search Page can be configured to search indexed information from a connection Squiz Search product.
Bookmarks to the headings on this page:
Please note that the Squiz Suite Manager must be made Live and have the correct Permissions to be able to connect to external Squiz Suite products.
The Squiz Suite Manager is located under the Web Services Folder, as shown in the figure to the right.
Connections to Squiz Suite products are managed on the Details screen of the Squiz Suite Manager. For more information on the Permissions, History and Logs screens, refer to the Asset Screens manual.
The Details screen of the Squiz Suite Manager allows you to configure your system for connection to the Squiz Suite, as well as create, approve and manage the connections on your system.
This section displays the details of the current system and allows you to configure Squiz Matrix for connection to the Squiz Suite. The Current System section of the Details screen is shown in the figure below.
When you first access the Squiz Suite Manager, Squiz Matrix will not be registered for connection. To register a system ID for the current system, check the Register System ID field and click Commit. New fields will appear on the screen, as shown in the figure below.
The fields available in this section are as follows:
- System ID: the unique system ID of the current system. This ID will be allocated when you first register your system for connection to the Squiz Suite and can be regenerated using the Register System ID field.
- System Name: the name of the current system. By default, this will be Squiz Matrix. To change the name of the system, enter a new name into this field and click Commit.
- System URL: the URL of the Squiz Suite Manager. This is the URL that will be used by other Squiz Suite products to connect with the Squiz Matrix system.
- Register System ID: this field allows you to regenerate the System ID of the current system.
- Deregister System ID: this field allows you to deregister your system for connection. If your system is deregistered, any existing Squiz Suite connections will be terminated.
This section displays any existing Squiz Suite connections on your system. By default, the Suite Products section of the details screen will not contain any connections, as shown in the figure below.
Once connections have been added via either Squiz Matrix or another Squiz Suite product, they will appear in this section, as shown in the figure below.
If a connection has been made to Squiz Matrix from another Squiz Suite product, it will have a Status of Pending Approval, as shown in the figure above. To enable this connection, select the Activate field and click Commit. The connection will be made Live, as shown in the figure below.
Connections registered within Squiz Matrix will have a Status of Pending. These connections must first be approved in the connected system before they will be enabled. For example, if you have registered a connection to a Squiz Search system, you will need to approve that connection within Squiz Search. Once the connection has been approved, its Status will change to Live.
To delete a connection, select the Delete? field and click Commit. The connection will be removed. Please note that this will break any system configurations utilising this connection.
This section allows you to register connections to other Squiz Suite products in your system. Please note that your Squiz Matrix system must have a registered system ID to be able to register products in this section. For more information, refer to the Current System section in this chapter.
The Register Product section of the Details screen is shown in the figure below.
To register a connection, enter the URL of the Squiz Suite product in the Product URL to register field and click Commit. A Pending connection will be created in the Suite Products section. This connection must be approved in the connected system before it will be made Live.
Setting Up a Connection on the Squiz Suite Manager
To set up a connection on the Squiz Suite Manager, consider the following example.
We want to create a connection to a Squiz Search system. To set up this connection, follow the steps outlined below.
- On the Details screen of the Squiz Suite Manager, select the Register System ID field and click Commit. Your Squiz Matrix system will be given a System ID and System URL, as shown in the figure below.
- On the Permissions screen of the Squiz Suite Manager, apply Write permission on your connection user. The username and password of this User will be used within Squiz Search to connect to Squiz Matrix.
- On the Details screen, change the Status of the Squiz Suite Manager to Live and click Commit.
- In the Register Product section of the Details screen, enter the URL of the Squiz Search system to connect with. This URL can be found on the Squiz Suite screen of the Squiz Search system, as shown in the figure below. Once you have done this, click Commit. The connection will be added to the Suite Products section, as shown in the figure below.
- This connection has a Status of Pending and must be approved within the Squiz Search system before it can be used within Squiz Matrix. To approve this connection, go to the Squiz Suite screen of the Squiz Search system; the connection will be displayed in the Connected Products section, as shown in the figure below. Click the Expand button and enter the Username and Password of the User with Write permission on the Squiz Suite Manager. Click the Save button.
- Now, click the Approve Connection button on the pending connection. The Status of the connection will change to Connected in Squiz Search. In Squiz Matrix the connection will have a Status of Live, as shown in the figure below. This connection can now be used within Squiz Matrix, for example, on a Funnelback Search Page.
- SOAP Server
- SOAP API Asset Service
- SOAP API Design Lookup Service
- SOAP API File Retrieval Service
- SOAP API Link Service
- SOAP API Metadata Service
- SOAP API Permission & Role Service
- SOAP API Search Service
- SOAP API Workflow Service
- REST Resource Assets
Noticed an error?
Want to suggest an improvement?