Matrix 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 released
24 Nov 2015 By Bartek Banda
Two new versions of Matrix were released today including a big follow up release to the 5.3 branch with more enhancements that didn't make the cut for the initial release. Click the links below to view the release notes for each version:
220.127.116.11 features some notable new and useful minor enhancements including:
- Logging of changes on File assets - Idea contributed by Micky Gough
A new type of logging has been added for File based assets called "file.updated". This log will track changes made to a file and will allow you to download the file at any specific point in time of when it was updated. This will especially be useful for reverting accidental overwritten text based files such as CSS and JS.
- New keyword for Asset Status Code - Idea contributed by David Cook
A new keyword has been added to print the status code of an asset. %asset_status_code% will print the code associated with the current status on an asset. Effect when using on a Live asset:
- %asset_status_code% => 16
- XPath support for tag name extraction on XML Datasource asset - Idea contributed by Joseph So
When selecting with tag names to use to extract values from on an XML Datasource asset, you can now use the XPath syntax to extract specific tags that share the same names as tags on other levels of the XML structure.
- Dynamic keyword support for Start Position setting on listing assets
Similar to the "Assets Per Page" setting on listing assets, the "Start Position" setting now supports dynamic keywords as the setting value. For example, passing a URL parameter of "start=3" to an asset listing and setting the "Start Position" value to %globals_get_start%, will make the asset listing start the list at position 3.
- Masking asset names in Asset Map that user doesn't have read access to - Client funded feature
A minor security enhancement has been added that hides the names of the assets in the Asset Map in Admin mode that the user doesn't have read access to. Instead of the asset name, it will now read "Restricted Asset". This was enabled to be consistent with the front end behaviour where the same restriction already applies.
- Ability to change time when Sharepoint Scheduled Job runs
Similar to the TRIM Scheduled Job, the Sharepoint version can now be configured to be run at any time instead of the previously fixed time of 00:00.
- OAuth2 2-legged authentication
OAuth2 2-legged authentication has now been added as a new authentication method within Squiz Matrix. This is similar to the already existing OAuth2 3-legged authentication where user needs to be redirected to another website server to login and authenticate the connection. This new 2-legged method inherits current OAuth2 functionality but doesn't require any redirection on the front end, Matrix will instead work in background to grab the Access Token directly from the end point using server side interaction calls.
- New keywords for Form Submission assets
New keywords have been added in order to make all Form Submission attributes available as keyword replacements. These include:
- Attributes - %submission_attributes% (json string of the attributes array)
- Captcha Status - %submission_captcha_status% (boolean 1 or 0)
- Complete - %submission_complete% (boolean 1 or 0)
- Submitted date:
- Normal - %submission_submitted_time%
- Short - %submission_submitted_time_short%
- Readable - %submission_submitted_time_readable%
- Readable date - %submission_submitted_time_readabledate%
- Readable time - %submission_submitted_time_readabletime%
- iso8601 - %submission_submitted_time_iso8601%
- rfc2822 - %submission_submitted_time_rfc2822%
- iCal - %submission_submitted_time_ical%
- Relative - %submission_submitted_time_relative%
- Code editor for REST Call assets
The new code editor that was introduced in Matrix 18.104.22.168 has now been added to the REST capable assets.
- Update file content JS API function
A new JS API function has been added that allows you to update the contents of a file by passing the file data as a base64 encoded string. This is particularly useful when creating front-end web apps that let you create and update file assets such as images without the need to use asset builders or a simple edit layout. Example JS API code:
"asset_id": "1234", //Asset ID of the file asset "content" : "/9j/4QDGRXhpZgAASUk...", //Base64 encoded string data "dataCallback": callbackFunctionHere //Callback function });
- User thumbnail display in Edit+
The thumbnail/related image associated with the current user's asset will now get displayed with clicking on the user details drop down button in Edit+. This was enabled as a follow up to the new styles in Edit+ which were introduced in Matrix 22.214.171.124.
- New keyword modifiers for base64url decoding and encoding
A couple of new keyword modifiers have been added to enable encoding and decoding of strings into base64url format. This is similar to the already existing base64 keyword modifiers, except they encode the string slightly differently to cater for use in URL implementations in order to properly escape URL sensitive characters. One example where this is required is when integrating with the Google Gmail API. A ":no_pad" argument can also be passed to strip whites space characters from the end of the string. Example where the value is "foo bar":
- %asset_name^base64encode% => Zm9vIGJhcg==
- %asset_name^base64url_encode% => Zm9vIGJhcg
For more information on our release schedule, refer to the Release Information page on the Squiz Matrix User Manual Library.