Last Updated: 17 Dec 2015
The History screen for an asset displays a list of version changes that have happened for the asset. For this screen to work, rollback needs to be enabled for the system. If rollback is not enabled on the system, no information will appear on this screen.
Bookmarks to the headings on this page:
Once rollback has been enabled, the version changes will be listed, as shown in the figure below. For more information on how to enable rollback, visit the Rollback Management Script chapter in the Server Administrator manual.
For each version of the asset listed, the following information is displayed:
- Version Duration: this column shows how long the version of the asset existed before the next version was created.
- Time Since Version: this column shows the time period between now (i.e. the current date and time) and when the version of the asset was created.
- Updated User: this column shows the name of the user who updated the asset.
- Version: this column displays the version number for this version of the asset.
- View: click this button to view this version of the asset.
Viewing Previous Versions
To view a previous version of the asset, go to the History screen and click on the View button for the version you want to see. You will be taken into rollback mode, as shown in the figure below.
This means that you will be viewing the system as it was at that moment in time. You will not be able to make any changes to the assets but you will be able to preview the assets. To exit rollback mode, click on the icon in the red box at the top of the screen.