Last Updated: 12 Jun 2017
The TRIM Connector asset allows you to create a TRIM bridge, linking Squiz Matrix with a TRIM Record Management System (RMS), which can be used in conjunction with other assets. To use the Matrix TRIM connector, your TRIM system must be enabled with the TRIM Connectivity Toolkit SOAP/WSDL interface.
Your TRIM system must be configured to support Basic or NTLM authentication.
For more information on the functionalities of the TRIM Connector, refer to the examples in this manual.
Bookmarks to the headings on this page:
Before creating the connection, ensure that your TRIM system has been correctly installed and configured in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. It is important to confirm that:
- Within your TRIM system, the version of your web service and that of your TRIM software is the same.
- The appropriate user access permissions have been granted on the TRIM system.
- The TRIM system has the proper IIS filesystem permissions.
- The XML output from the TRIM web service has been tested and validated. Incorrectly configured TRIM systems will not interact with Squiz Matrix correctly.
Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for further details on the configuration and maintenance of your TRIM system.
Once created, you can configure the settings of your TRIM Connector asset on its associated asset screens. These screens are often the same or similar to those for a Standard Page and are described in the Asset Screens manual. In this chapter, we will describe the Details screen, which is different for a TRIM Connector.
The Details screen of the TRIM Connector allows you to configure the connection settings. For more information about the Status, Future Status and Thumbnail sections of this screen, refer to the Details chapter in the Asset Screens manual.
This section allows you to configure the connection to the TRIM system, creating the TRIM bridge.
The fields available in this section are as follows:
- Name: by default, the name that was entered when the TRIM Connector was first created will
appear in this field. To change this name, enter a new name into this field.
- Connection Status: the connection status of the TRIM Connector will be displayed in this field,
determined by the information entered in the WSDL, Username and Password fields. If the TRIM Connector is correctly configured, this field will display the message Connected, as shown in the figure below. When the TRIM Connector is first created or if it has not been configured correctly, this field will display the message Not Connected.
- WSDL: enter the URL to the WSDL of the TRIM system. This field is mandatory when creating a TRIM bridge.
To obtain the URL of the WSDL, your TRIM system must be enabled with the TRIM Connectivity Toolkit SOAP/WSDL interface. Once this is done, the URL of the WSDL can obtained by affixing ?WSDL to the URL of the system's Trim.asmx file, for example, http://[localhost]/trimct2/Trim.asmx?WSDL.
- Username: enter the username used to connect to the TRIM system.
- Password: enter the password used to connect to the TRIM system. This password must be
entered twice for validation purposes.
- Authentication Method: select the authentication method to use to connect to the TRIM system. The options available are: