Using a Custom Form to Create SharePoint List Items
17 Dec 2015
A Custom Form can be configured to function as an E-Form using the Create Sharepoint List Item submission action. This allows form submissions to be sent as SharePoint list items to a connected SharePoint system via the Sharepoint Connector asset. E-Forms are especially useful as they create a log of the form submission in both the Squiz Matrix and SharePoint systems.
To create an E-Form that submits SharePoint list items:
- Create a Custom Form with questions. For more information on creating and configuring a Custom Form, refer to the Custom Form manual.
Tip: The questions of the Custom Form should correspond with the fields of a custom list in the SharePoint system. This will allow you to use the keyword replacements of the question responses in the fields of the SharePoint list.Once the Custom Form is complete, it needs to be configured to send form submissions to a selected SharePoint system.
- Right click on the Custom Form and select the Submission Actions screen.
- In the Add New Action section, select the Create a new action of type: field and from the drop down menu, select Create Sharepoint List Item, as shown in the figure below.
- Click Commit. Additional fields will be displayed on the screen.
- In the Existing Actions section, the Create Sharepoint List Item action will be displayed, however, as it is not yet configured, the Data Source will read No connection details specified and the action will not be valid, as shown in the figure below. The Selected Action section will contain the additional fields for configuring the Create Sharepoint List Item action.
- In the Action Name field, enter the name for the Submission Action. By default, the name entered into this field is Create Sharepoint List Item.
- In the Connection Details section, configure the SharePoint bridge that will link Squiz Matrix to the SharePoint system where list items should be sent. Either a connection setup can be configured or a Sharepoint Connector can be selected from the Asset Map:
i) In the System URL field, enter the URL to the WSDL of the SharePoint system.
ii) In the Username field, enter the username used to connect to the SharePoint system.
iii) In the Password field, enter the password used to connect to the SharePoint system. This password must be entered twice for validation purposes.
i) In the Sharepoint Connector Asset field, select a configured Sharepoint Connector to use as the SharePoint bridge for the Create Sharepoint List Item action.
- In the Create Record Settings section, configure the settings for creating the SharePoint list items:
i) In the Select List field, select the list to create the SharePoint list item in. This list should have fields corresponding to the questions of the Custom Form. Lists will only appear in this field once a SharePoint bridge has been established.
- In the Available Fields section, enter the information for the fields available on the SharePoint list item. These fields are determined by the list chosen in the Select List field and, as a result, a list must first be selected and Committed before any fields will appear in this section. If no list has been selected, this field will read No List Selected. Keyword replacements of the E-form responses can be used here, in their corresponding list fields. E-Form responses that are not allocated to a specific field will not appear on the SharePoint list item.
- In the Attachment field, enter the question ID of a File Upload question of the E-Form to attach uploaded files to the SharePoint list item, for example, 165:q4. To add additional attachments, click Commit; additional fields will be displayed in this section. Please note that a list must first be selected and Committed before this option is available. If no list has been selected, this field will read File attachment not available.
- Once you have configured the settings of the Create Sharepoint List Item action, click Commit. The action will now be displayed as valid in the Existing Actions section, as shown in the figure below. Form submissions will now be able to create SharePoint list items as defined in the Selected Action settings, as shown in the figure below.