Clear Squid Cache Tool
Last Updated: 13 Jul 2016
The Clear Squid Cache tool allows users to clear or repopulate the Squid cache for an asset. A one-off or repeating scheduled job can also be created and scheduled using this tool.
This tool will clear Squid cache on the Squiz Matrix system, as specified in the Squid Cache preferences on the External Tools Configuration screen. Please note that these settings must be configured before using this tool. For more information, refer to the External Tools Configuration chapter in the System Configuration manual.
Clear Squid Cache
This section allows you to clear the Squid cache for a particular asset and its children. The Clear Squid Cache section of the Clear Squid Cache screen is shown in the figure below.
The fields that are available on this screen are as follows:
- Asset: select which asset to clear the cache for. Squid cache will be cleared for all URLs applied to the specified asset.
- Clear Now: select this field and click the Commit button to clear the cache of the asset specified in the Asset field.
- Repopulate: select this field to re-cache the asset once its cache has been cleared.
- Cascade: select whether or not to also clear the cache of the children of the asset.
Clear Cache of Arbitrary URLs
This section allows you to clear the Squid cache for arbitrary URLs. The Clear Cache of Arbitrary URLs section of the Clear Squid Cache screen is shown in the figure below.
This section allows you to manually clear the Squid cache on specific URLs. Enter the URLs of each page you want to clear the cache on and enter each URL on a new line. This is useful if you want to clear the Squid cache on URLs that are not associated with an asset, such as a 301 remap or 404 page.
Schedule Clear Cache
This section allows you to schedule a scheduled job to refresh the Squid cache based on the settings you have selected on the Clear Squid Cache Tool. The Schedule Clear Cache section of the Clear Squid Cache Tool is shown in the figure below.
You can schedule either a one off scheduled job or a repeating scheduled job.
Tip: The Repopulate and Cascade field settings will be applied to any scheduled jobs that you schedule on this tool.
The fields available are as follows:
- Schedule a One Off Job: use the fields provided in this section to schedule a one off scheduled job. Select the date and times for when the Squid cache should be cleared from the list provided or click on the Next Run button to set the date and time to the next run of the Scheduled Jobs Manager. Alternatively, you can set the scheduled job to take place in a certain number of minute, hours, days, weeks, months or years. Enter the number into the text box and select the appropriate time frame from the list provided.
- Schedule a Repeating Job: if you want to repeat the scheduled job, enter the time between runs in the fields provided. For example, if you want to clear the Squid cache of the Home page every 2 days, enter 2 days in this section. Enter the number in the first field and select the appropriate time frame in the second list.
- Asset Sorting Tool
- Bulk File Upload Tool
- Clear Matrix Cache Tool
- Clear Squid Cache Tool
- Export Assets to XML Tool
- Export Files Tool
- Export Online Quiz to XML Tool
- Import Assets from XML Tool
- Mass Clone Tool
- Structured File Import Tool
- Orphaned Assets Tool
- Re-Indexing Tool
- Search and Replace Tool
Noticed an error?
Want to suggest an improvement?