Ace Code Editor
Last Updated: 30 Apr 2017
This entire manual refers to a feature that was added in version 220.127.116.11
The Ace Code Editor is included with the installation of Edit+ on your Squiz Matrix system. It is also the code editor powering the Source Code View tool in the Edit+ WYSIWYG editor.
As of version 18.104.22.168 of Squiz Matrix, the Ace Editor functionality has also been added to the Admin Interface for many content editable areas that let you edit raw code such as JS, CSS, XML and HTML.
If Edit+ is installed and available on your Squiz Matrix system, you will be able to use the Ace Code Editor in various code editing interfaces such as:
- Text Based File Assets: Available on text based File assets (such as Text, CSS, JS, XML, XSL) that let you edit their contents on their Edit Contents screen.
- Design & CSS Design Asset: Available on the Edit Parse File screen.
- Raw HTML Content Type: Available on Content Container asset that is using the Raw HTML Content Type.
- And more.
In the interfaces and screens where the Ace Code Editor is available, there will be a toggle option for switching between the Ace Code Editor and a raw textarea field.
For more information on what features are available within the Ace Code Editor, please refer to the official Ace Code Editor website.
- Squiz Matrix Concepts
- Admin Mode
- Simple Edit Interface
- Performance Mode
- Using the Asset Map
- My Account
- Adding an Asset
- Moving an Asset
- Cloning an Asset
- Linking an Asset
- Trashing an Asset
- Renaming an Asset
- Hiding an Asset from the Site Navigation Menu
- Page Contents and Containers
- HIPO Herder
- Safe Trash
- Maintenance Mode
- Ace Code Editor
- URL Suffixes & Query Strings
Noticed an error?
Want to suggest an improvement?