Last Updated: 22 Dec 2016
The DB Connector asset allows you to store details for a database connection. These details can then be used on many different DB Data Source assets throughout the system.
Once you have created your DB Connector, you can configure the asset on its associated screens. Many of these screens are the same or similar to those for a Standard Page and are described in the Asset Screens manual. In this chapter we will only describe the Details screen, which is different for a DB Connector.
The Details screen for a DB Connector allows you to enter the connection details for the database. For more information about the Status, Future Status, Thumbnail and Details sections,refer to the Details Screen chapter in the Asset Screens manual.
This section allows you to enter the database connection details. The fields available are as follows:
- Connection Status: This will indicate whether or not a successful connection to the database has been made or not.
- Username: enter the username to use to connect to the database.
- Password: enter the password to use to connect to the database. If there is no password, leave these fields blank.
- Database Details: this section allows you to enter the details for the database.
- Database Type: select the type of database that you are connecting to. The available selections include PostgreSQL, Oracle and MySQL.
- Database Name: enter the name of the database you wish to run the query on.
- Host Name: enter the location of the database, for example the IP address.
- OR Complete DSN: specify the connection string for the database. For example, if you are connecting to a Squiz Matrix database, the complete DSN to its database is located in SQ_CONF_DB_DSN field the main.inc file.
This section lists the assets that are currently using the DB Connector.