Last Updated: 23 Jan 2018
This entire manual refers to a feature that was added in version 5.3.0
The HPRM Connector asset allows you to create a HPRM bridge, linking Squiz Matrix with a HPRM or HPE Content Manager system, which can be used in conjunction with other assets. To use the Matrix HPRM connector, your HPRM/HPECM system must be enabled with the HPRM Connectivity Toolkit SOAP/WSDL interface.
Your HPRM system must be configured to support Basic or NTLM authentication.
Before creating the connection, ensure that your HPRM system has been correctly installed and configured in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. It is important to confirm that:
- Within your HPRM system, the version of your web service and that of your HPRM software is the same.
- The appropriate user access permissions have been granted on the HPRM system.
- The HPRM system has the proper IIS filesystem permissions.
- The XML output from the HPRM web service has been tested and validated. Incorrectly configured HPRM systems will not interact with Squiz Matrix correctly.
Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for further details on the configuration and maintenance of your HPRM system.
Once created, you can configure the settings of your HPRM Connector asset on its associated asset screens. These screens are often the same or similar to those for a Standard Page and are described in the Asset Screens manual. In this chapter, we will describe the Details screen, which is different for a HPRM Connector.
This screen allows you to configure the connection to the external HPRM system.
- Name: The name of the HPRM Connector asset.
- Connection Status: The connection status of the HPRM Connector will be displayed in this field,
determined by the information entered in the Service URL, Username and Password fields. If the HPRM Connector is correctly configured, this field will display the message Connected, as shown in the figure below. When the HPRM Connector is first created or if it has not been configured correctly, this field will display the message Not Connected.
- Service URL: The URL to the AP of the HPRM system. This field is mandatory when creating a HPRM bridge. The API URL will look something like this: https://www.example.com/HPRMServiceAPI
- Username: The username used to connect to the HPRM system.
- Password: The password used to connect to the HPRM system. This password must be
entered twice for validation purposes. Authentication Method: Select the authentication method to use to connect to the HPRM system. The options available are:
- HTTP Basic: uses basic HTTP authentication.
- NTLM: uses NTLM authentication.