Clear Matrix Cache Tool
Last Updated: 17 Dec 2015
The Clear Matrix Cache tool allows users to clear or repopulate the Squiz Matrix cache for an asset. A one-off or repeating scheduled job can also be created by using this tool. These options are similar to the options provided in the Cache Manager but are available to all users of the Administration Interface.
Bookmarks to the headings on this page:
Clear Matrix Cache
This section allows you to clear the cache for a particular asset, an asset and its children or an asset and its dependants. The Clear Matrix Cache section of the Clear Matrix Cache screen is shown in the figure below.
The fields that are available on this screen are as follows:
- Choose Asset: this field allows you to select which asset to clear the cache for. With the use of the additional fields on this screen you can clear the cache for this asset only, this asset and its children or this asset and its dependants. You can also specify which asset types that you want to clear the cache for. For example, you can clear the cache for all of the PDF Files under your Site.
- Level: select whether you want to clear the cache for the asset only, the asset and its dependants or the asset and its children. The asset that will be used is the asset specified in the Choose Asset field above.
Tip: The dependants of an asset are those that cannot exist without that asset. For example, the Page Contents asset of a Standard Page, or the Question assets belonging to a Custom Form. The children of an asset are those that have been created underneath it in the hierarchy.
- Asset Types: select the asset type to clear the cache for. For example, if you want to clear the cache for all PDF Files in your Site, you would select your Site in the Choose Asset field, This asset and its children in the Level field and PDF File in the Asset Types field. You can select more than one asset type from the list by holding down either the Ctrl or Shift keys on the keyboard and left clicking on each type. If you want to clear the cache for all asset types, select – All Asset Types – from the list.
- Repopulate: select this option if you want Squiz Matrix to re-cache the asset once its cache has been cleared.
- Clear Now: select this option if you want to clear the cache for the asset now instead of in the future.
Schedule Clear Cache Scheduled Job (Matrix)
This section allows you to schedule a scheduled job to refresh the cache based on the settings you have selected in the fields above. The Schedule Clear Cache Scheduled Job (Matrix) of the Clear Matrix Cache screen is shown in the figure below.
You can schedule either a one off scheduled job or a repeating scheduled job. The fields available are as follows:
- Schedule a One Off Job: use the fields provided in this section to schedule a one off scheduled job. Select the date and times for when the cache should be cleared from the list provided or click on the Next Run button to set the date and time to the next run of the Scheduled Jobs Manager. Alternatively, you can set the scheduled job to take place in a certain number of minute, hours, days, weeks, months or years. Enter the number into the text box and select the appropriate time frame from the list provided.
- Schedule a Repeating Job: if you want to repeat the scheduled job, enter the time between runs in the fields provided. For example, if you want to clear the cache of the Home page every 2 days, enter 2 days in this section. Enter the number in the first field and select the appropriate time frame in the second list.