The Simple Edit Interface
Last Updated: 17 Dec 2015
The Simple Edit Interface offers a restricted set of functionality, as it provides an interface for people with little or no Squiz Matrix training to update content on a single page at a time. This interface is shown in the figure below.
Tip: You can hide the tool bar and Asset Map frames on this interface using the No frames in Simple Edit Interface field on the Details screen ofyour Design. For more information, refer to the Design Asset chapter in the Designs manual.
Simple Edit Users, Backend Users, System Administrators and the Root User can access this interface.
By default, you can perform the following tasks in the Simple Edit Interface:
- Edit the content of a Standard Page using the WYSIWYG Editor
- Insert hyperlinks to internal assets and external URLs, and embed movies and images
- Use the menu navigation of the Site to edit other Standard Pages
The Simple Edit Interface provides a restricted set of functionality. For example, you cannot navigate via the Asset Map to other assets or load new files.
You can customise the Simple Edit Interface via a Simple Edit Layout, to allow users to perform many other additional tasks, for example:
- Change the name and short name of an asset
- Schedule publication of content
- Edit metadata
- Make approvals for workflows
An example of a customised Simple Edit Interface is shown in the figure below.
For more information on how to use the Simple Edit Interface, refer to the Concepts manual.