Last Updated: 13 Jan 2021
At times, Squiz Matrix must perform highly intensive processes to perform functions such as cascading permissions or setting workflow. In these cases, Highly Intensive Processing Object (HIPO) jobs are used to perform these actions, allowing the user to view the progress of a task as it is being performed.
Squiz Server Configuration
For large systems, HIPO jobs can take a long time to complete. The Squiz Server allows you to speed up the processing of the system by running these HIPO Jobs directly on its server while still showing the progress of the task to the user.
You must have the Squiz Server extension installed on your Squiz Matrix instance before you can enable it on this screen and configure the fields. Once installed and configured correctly, simply enable the Run on Squiz Server option in this section.
- Status Check Threshold: The number of seconds that the system should wait before querying the server as to the job's status.
The below values can only be edited via the
data/private/conf/squiz_server.inc file and are required to be configured if Run on Squiz Server is enabled.
- System Root: The location where the Squiz Server was installed.
- System ID: The unique identifier for the Squiz Matrix system. This ID identifies the specific Squiz Matrix system on the Squiz Server, which can manage several Squiz Matrix systems. This ID can be found in the server.conf file in the Squiz Server directory.
- Domain: The domain used to connect to the Squiz Server. If the Squiz Server is running on the same server as Squiz Matrix, this field should be set to 'localhost'.
- Port: The port that the Squiz Server is listening on.
This section allows you to configure the thresholds for the number of different types of HIPO jobs that can be run at the same time. If a threshold is set to a low value such as 1, a user always see a HIPO job progress started for that action. If you have a powerful server, you can configure your system so that less intensive jobs run immediately and not as a HIPO job by setting the threshold higher.
If the number of assets that are being processed by a HIPO job is less than the threshold entered, a HIPO job will not appear within the editing screen. If the number of assets is more than the threshold, a HIPO job will appear but it will only be refreshed once the set number of assets has been processed.
For example, if the Edit Status Threshold to 20 and you change the Status for 19 assets, no HIPO job will appear as it is below the threshold. If you change the Status for 100 assets, a HIPO job will appear but will only be refreshed 5 times (i.e. once for every 20 assets it processes).
- Freestyle Threshold: The percentage of the total number of HIPO processes. For example, say you set this field as 80%. You then have a job running that uses 50% of a particular set threshold and another job that also uses 50% of another set threshold, giving a total of 100%. Because you have exceeded the Freestyle Threshold of 80%, the job will be run as a HIPO. Please note that this field can have a value of over 100%.
- Lookups Updating Threshold: The number of assets that can be updated by a user updating a URL, Web Path or applying a Design, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Workflow Schemas Threshold: The number of assets that can be updated by a user cascading workflow schema, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Permissions Threshold: The number of assets that can be updated by a user cascading permissions, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Trigger Execution Threshold: The number of triggers that can be executed, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Edit Status Threshold: The number of assets whose Status can be changed, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Acquire Lock Threshold: The number assets that can be locked by a user without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Edit Metadata Threshold: The number of assets that can be updated by a user cascading metadata, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Purge Trash Threshold: The number of assets that a user can purge from the trash, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Edit Tag Threshold: The number of tags that can be changed, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Metadata Regeneration Threshold: Threshold for the total number of assets that can be updated by a user regenerating metadata, without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Clear Cache Threshold: The number of assets that can have their cached cleared by a user without a HIPO job being spawned.
- Report Regeneration Threshold: The number of assets that a report job can process without a HIPO job being spawned.
- File Import Threshold: The number of file assets that can be created when you are performing a file import, without a HIPO job being spawned.
Noticed an error?
Want to suggest an improvement?