Last Updated: 09 Feb 2018
The Web Services package also provides communication with external REST web services through REST Resource assets. These assets enable content to be retrieved and modified from authorised servers almost anywhere on the web.
The Web Services package consists of three major components:
- Asset Service: this API provides asset functions, such as the creation and deletion of assets.
- Design and Lookups Service: this API provides design functions, such as the application of Design and Paint Layout assets.
- File Service: this API provides file functions, such as downloading and uploading files to the system.
- Link Service: this API provides link functions, such as linking one asset to another.
- Metadata Service: this API provides metadata functions, such as applying a Metadata Schema.
- Permission And Role Service: this API provides permission and role functions, such as changing an asset’s permissions.
- Search Service: this API provides search functions, such as making a search of system content.
- Workflow Service: this API provides workflow functions, such as approving workflow.
- Core: the core functions of the API, such as the creation and deletion of assets.
- Linking: the linking functions of the API, such as moving and updating links.
- Permissions: the permission functions of the API, such as retrieving permissions of an asset.
- Traversing: the asset lineage functions of the API, such as retrieving parent and child asset information.
- Metadata: the metadata functions of the API, such as applying a Metadata Schema.
- REST Resource: the REST Resource asset provides the ability to communicate with web services that expose themselves using Representational State Transfer (REST). Additional REST assets are also available to provide further functions:
- REST Resource OAuth Session: provides authentication to OAuth secure REST web services.