Outlined below are the release dates for both previous and upcoming versions of Squiz Matrix.
Release notes for previous versions of Squiz Matrix can be viewed, detailing any new features, enhancements and bug fixes introduced in these releases.
Squiz Matrix uses four version numbers, MAJOR.MINOR.MICRO.PATCH (e.g. Squiz Matrix 184.108.40.206), which are incremented as follows:
- MAJOR - Major and significant changes to the core of the product and interface.
- MINOR - Big new features and enhancements.
- MICRO - Bug fixes, new features, enhancements that either require a website downtime, editing freeze, server software restart or any install scripts to be run.
- PATCH - Bug fixes, new features, enhancements that are a simple drop in replacement of files and easily reversible.
Release Notes Generator
Select the version you are currently on and the version you are upgrading to and click "View". This will generate a list release notes for all releases between those two versions in a print friendly format.
The next scheduled release is version 220.127.116.11 and will be a MICRO version release.
|18.104.22.168||27 Aug 2019||Patch|
|22.214.171.124||05 Aug 2019||Patch|
|126.96.36.199||09 Jul 2019||Patch|
|188.8.131.52||14 Jun 2019||Micro|
|184.108.40.206||14 May 2019||Patch|
|220.127.116.11||17 Apr 2019||Patch|
|18.104.22.168||19 Mar 2019||Patch|
|22.214.171.124||12 Mar 2019||Micro|
|126.96.36.199||12 Mar 2019||Patch|
|188.8.131.52||05 Mar 2019||Patch|
|184.108.40.206||07 Feb 2019||Patch|
|220.127.116.11||06 Feb 2019||Patch|
|18.104.22.168||21 Jan 2019||Patch|
|22.214.171.124||10 Jan 2019||Patch|
|126.96.36.199||09 Jan 2019||Patch|
|188.8.131.52||12 Dec 2018||Micro|
|184.108.40.206||05 Nov 2018||Patch|
|220.127.116.11||22 Oct 2018||Patch|
|18.104.22.168||21 Sep 2018||Minor|
|22.214.171.124||15 Oct 2018||Patch|
|126.96.36.199||20 Aug 2018||Micro|
|188.8.131.52||24 Jul 2018||Patch|
|184.108.40.206||18 Jun 2018||Micro|
|220.127.116.11||01 Jun 2018||Patch|
|18.104.22.168||28 May 2018||Patch|
|22.214.171.124||03 Apr 2018||Patch|
|126.96.36.199||26 Mar 2018||Micro|
|188.8.131.52||12 Mar 2018||Patch|
|184.108.40.206||21 Feb 2018||Patch|
|220.127.116.11||29 Jan 2018||Micro|
|18.104.22.168||14 Nov 2017||Patch|
|22.214.171.124||23 Oct 2017||Micro|
|126.96.36.199||19 Sep 2017||Patch|
|188.8.131.52||28 Aug 2017||Patch|
|184.108.40.206||07 Aug 2017||Patch|
|220.127.116.11||03 Jul 2017||Micro|
|18.104.22.168||26 Apr 2017||Patch|
|22.214.171.124||12 Mar 2017||Patch|
|126.96.36.199||07 Mar 2017||Patch|
|188.8.131.52||28 Feb 2017||Micro|
|184.108.40.206||20 Jan 2017||Patch|
|220.127.116.11||16 Jan 2017||Patch|
|18.104.22.168||06 Dec 2016||Patch|
|22.214.171.124||23 Nov 2016||Minor|
For older versions and release notes, please see the Archived Releases page.
Each release branch of Squiz Matrix is fully supported for three years from its initial stable release. During this period, bugs and security issues that have been reported are fixed and are either released in new versions or provided as patches for Squiz customers.
Once a new branch is released and actively maintained, the previous branch ceases to get new version releases. However it will remain in security support until it's three year period ends.
Once the three years of support are completed, the branch reaches its end of life and is no longer supported.
Currently supported branches:
- 5.5 - Actively supported. Reported bugs and security issues are fixed and regular releases with new enhancements are made.
- 5.4 - Supported for critical bugs and security issues only. Releases are only made on an as-needed basis.
- 5.0 - 5.3 - No longer supported. Users of this version should upgrade as soon as possible.
Table of all Squiz Matrix 5 supported and unsupported versions:
|Branch||Initial Release||Last Release||Support Until|
|5.5||21 Sep 2018||TBA||21 Sep 2021|
|5.4||23 Nov 2016||15 Oct 2018||23 Nov 2020|
|5.3||02 Nov 2015||28 Aug 2017||02 Nov 2018|
|5.2||13 Apr 2015||23 Nov 2016||13 Apr 2018|
|5.1||01 Sep 2014||02 Nov 2015||01 Sep 2017|
|5.0||28 Apr 2014||13 Apr 2015||28 Apr 2017|
- 15/08/19 - The support for version 5.4 has been extended by 12 months to allow users more time to upgrade to version 5.5+.