Export Files Tool
Last Updated: 17 Dec 2015
The Export Files tool allows you to export all file assets from under a certain root node to a .tar.gz file. Any folder structure that may have been created in the Asset Map can be maintained or removed in the file. The Export Files tool screen is shown in the figure below.
The fields available are as follows:
- Root Node: select the parent assets for the files that you want to export. For example, if you want to export all files in a Folder called Documents, select the Folder asset in this field.
- Save As: enter a name for the .tar.gz file that will be created. If a default value has been set on the Import Tools Manager, it will appear in this field. For more information on the Import Tools Manager, refer to the System Management manual.
- Save Location: enter the location on the server to save the .tar.gz file in. If a default value has been set on the Import Tools Manager, it will appear in this field. For more information on the Import Tools Manager, refer to the System Management manual.
- Keep Structure: if this is selected, any Folders that exist under the root node will be created in the .tar.gz file. The files that have been created under the Folder in the Asset Map, will be exported into the folder in the .tar.gz file. If this is not selected, Folders will not be created but all files under the root node will be exported.
- Asset Sorting Tool
- Bulk File Upload Tool
- Clear Matrix Cache Tool
- Clear Squid Cache Tool
- Export Assets to XML Tool
- Export Files Tool
- Export Online Quiz to XML Tool
- Import Assets from XML Tool
- Mass Clone Tool
- Structured File Import Tool
- Orphaned Assets Tool
- Re-Indexing Tool
- Search and Replace Tool
Noticed an error?
Want to suggest an improvement?