Previously, when a user was logged out of Squiz Matrix because their IP changed and SQ_CONF_ALLOW_IP_CHANGE was set to true, neither an error or a system.security.* message would be sent. This meant that the only way to figure out why users were intermittently losing their session was to have prior knowledge of this setting.
This feature had been added so that Matrix will log logouts due to IP changing in the system logs. For example:
[2011-05-23 15:11:23][12:Root User][1024:mysource notice][ ] [system.security.logout.ip_change - remote_addr:192.168.1.1;sessionid:;] (User Automatically Logged Out) - User "Root User" was logged out since their IP address changed from 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.1.1.
Search Page: Specify Data Sources on Exclude Fields
Previously, Matrix's Search Page only allowed you to configure data sources for search fields. The data sources allowed you to specify which fields on an asset to search. This feature extends this functionality to exclude fields, allowing you to specify which fields to exclude on.
Like a search field, exclude fields allow the following data source types:
- Include All: searches all standard fields, attribute fields and metadata fields of assets.
- Standard Asset Field: searches a specified standard asset field (e.g. the name of a page or its asset ID).
- Asset Attribute: searches a specified attribute field (e.g. the title of a file of a MS Word Document asset).
- Asset Metadata Field: searches a specified metadata field.
You can select multiple data sources to search for each exclude field that you add, specifying the word logic to use for your data sources (all words or any word).
Please note that existing exclude fields will default to the Include All data source type, returning the same results as they would previously had.
On the Search Page, the exclude field will only search the fields specified in its data sources. For example, say you configure the exclude field to search the Keywords metadata field of assets - if a user searches for the query News in the exclude field, the Search Page will exclude assets contain the query News in their Keywords metadata from the search results.
This enhancement to the Search Page's exclude fields allows you to tweak your Search Page, allowing your users to return more accurate results, specific to their searching queries.
Specifing the Cron Deadlock Email Notification Receivers
Squiz Matrix's Cron Manager handles the cron process within a system, managing and running the cron jobs that have been scheduled. Occasionally, a cron job may stall, causing the Cron Manager to deadlock. When this occurs, Matrix will send out email notifications, informing users of these errors.
Previously, Matrix would send these deadlock email notifications to all users under the System Administrators Folder, as well as the email addresses configured in the system's main.inc file. These automated email notifications would be resent to these users each subsequent run of the Cron Manager, until the issue was resolved. This could cause large numbers of emails sent to many users, potentially causing inconvenience and even spam filtering issues with users' mail clients.
This feature adds a new option to the Cron Manager, allowing you to specify the users that will receive cron deadlock emails. This option is configured via a new Emailing Options section on the Options screen of the Cron Manager.
The Cron Deadlock Email Receivers field allows you to select users, user groups and roles to specify which users should receive email notifications from the Cron Manager. By default, the system's Root User and the email addresses configured in the system's main.inc file will automatically also receive these emails.
By allowing you to specify the users to receive cron deadlock emails, this feature allows you to more efficiently identify and manage any potential issues with the Cron Manager in your system.
A-Z Listing: Defining the Layout of Individual Letters on the Navigation List
On a multiple page A-Z asset listing, the navigation character list displays links to the different alphabetised pages on the listing. This feature adds the ability to format the individual letters on this list.
This feature utilises the asset listing's existing Page Link and Current Link formats, which were not previously used on an A-Z asset listing.
On an A-Z listing, the Page Link Format will now define the layout of each individual letter on the linked character list, while the Current Page Format will define the layout of letters that contain no results.
These formats use the existing %page_link% and %page_number% keyword replacements. For example, you could format the letters on the list so that letters with results will be in bold, while letters with no results will be struck out.
The feature gives users greater control over the layout of their A-Z listings, in line with the options available on a regular asset listing.
Make SOAP Call on Submit Submission Action: Array Data in SOAP Response
Previously, the Custom Form's Make SOAP Call form submission action could not handle array data in the SOAP response. This feature adds support for array data in the response of the Make SOAP Call submission action.
Array data returned in the SOAP response is populated through the use of global keywords, with index numbers stipulating each unique set of array data. For example:
This feature also adds a Test Response option, allowing you to print out a sample SOAP request and response in the back end. This tool is useful for testing purposes when configuring your SOAP call.
The feature extends the functionality of the Make SOAP Call submission action, allowing for more extensive configuration possibilities.
Make SOAP Call on Submit Submission Action: Check SOAP Response
This feature introduces data validation on the SOAP response of the Make SOAP Call form submission action of a Custom Form. If incorrect data is found on a response, Matrix will indicate this to users through custom error messages.
This validation is configured through a new Check Response field on the Make SOAP Call submission action options.
Matrix will print the error message if a value is returned (non-empty) on the specified field. Keywords are also available for use in the error message field, allowing you to print any information returned on the SOAP response.
Returned errors are displayed to a user via the %form_errors% keyword replacement and the user will not be able to submit their form. If no errors are retrieved, the form will be submitted, as normal
This process allows users to easily identify and correct any errors, ensuring that only valid form data is sent on SOAP requests when a submission is made.
Additional Changes and Bug Fixes
- Minor Enhancement #5078: Error message on eSec Payment Gateway when Matrix is unable to connect to the service.
- Minor Enhancement #5079: Support vertical resizing for the asset map.
- Minor Enhancement #5082: eSec Payment Gateway respects the proxy settings in Matrix's system configuration.
- Minor Enhancement #5087: Add logging for pdftohtml failures.
- Minor Enhancement #5109: Video File Asset: Add webm format.
- Minor Enhancement #5116: Clear cache cron job enhancement (default storage).
- Minor Enhancement #5122: Issue with PHP function mime_type_content().
- Minor Enhancement #5123: Metadata Manager default value functions performance enhancement.
- Fixed Bug #5050: LDAP Users not getting correct permissions if the user is under a subgroup.
- Fixed Bug #5055: Nested content DIVs don't save properly across contexts.
- Fixed Bug #5061: Fatal error when viewing the Details screen of a form submission when a section of the form has been deleted.
- Fixed Bug #5064: HIPO pop-up windows lose focus in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed Bug #5069: Hierarchy metadata field default value displays incorrectly.
- Fixed Bug #5072: Trashed file assets still accessible via public data URL.
- Fixed Bug #5080: condition user agent can not use regular expression operator '|'.
- Fixed Bug #5083: Metadata Fields Inaccessible.
- Fixed Bug #5084: Changed file name in Safe Edit causes multiple issues.
- Fixed Bug #5085: IE 8 and IE 9 wont let user commit changes on WYSIWYG screen.
- Fixed Bug #5086: Error when editing image varieties after cancelling Safe Edit.
- Fixed Bug #5092: Asset Builder's insert link via WYSIWYG tool removes the dot (.) before /?a= .
- Fixed Bug #5093: Customised classes not appearing in EES WYSIWYG.
- Fixed Bug #5097: Shadow links (shadow assets linked under a real asset) always appear red-crossed in Asset Map for non-admin users.
- Fixed Bug #5099: [cron_job] Metadata triggers causing Cron deadlock.
- Fixed Bug #5104: Triggering asset intermittently getting lost when using the send email trigger action.
- Fixed Bug #5106: Contains keyword modifier fails on string with a slash (/).
- Fixed Bug #5108: Selectable create location link type bug with account manager page.
- Fixed Bug #5114: PHP 5.3 remote content page complaining "Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated".
- Fixed Bug #5117: Dependants only will not check in Set permission trigger action.
- Fixed Bug #5118: Role screen doesn't not validates role and user asset IDs.
- Fixed Bug #5119: Asset listing grouping by parent results in mysource warnings when the parent asset is a user asset.
- Fixed Bug #5120: System config screen, Enable HTTP Authentication option has cosmetic problem when lock is acquired.
- Fixed Bug #5098: [cron_job] manage_pending_accounts causing Cron deadlock.
- Fixed Bug #5102: Matrix will throw warnings is the nested asset is deleted.
- Fixed Bug #5125: Forms answers getting unnecessarily encoded in Submission Logs screen.
- Fixed Bug #5105: PHP Notices on Search Fields screen (Undefined Asset Type).
- Fixed Bug #4934: Committing from "approved to go live" causes attributes on REST assets to be cleared.