The following asset types and features have been deprecated as of version 220.127.116.11. They will continue to work within Matrix until a future MINOR release where they will eventually be removed completely from the code base:
- Feature #5318: Squiz Matrix Maintenance Mode
This feature introduces a new Maintenance Mode within Squiz Matrix, that when enabled, will disable the functionality of specified assets on the front-end, instead printing a maintenance message for your users.
- Feature #678: Revised Matrix Default Settings
- Feature #755: Matrix Install Script Enhancements
- Feature #920: Designs: A New Comment Syntax Which Doesn't Get Printed to the Front End
A new syntax has been added to a number of design and content assets within Squiz Matrix to allow editors and implementers to add HTML, CSS and JS comments within code that won't be printed on the front-end.
This is useful when users want to leave notes for code that are only applicable when editing in the back-end, for example, a list of asset IDs that a piece of code affects or how to update the code.
- Feature #942: Workflow Schema: Asset Type Restrictions
Squiz Matrix's Metadata Schema asset allows you to set Restrictions, regulating the asset types that the schema is applied to.
This features extends this functionality to the Workflow Schema asset, where you can now set asset type restrictions for the workflow on your system.
- Feature #1252: Option Names in Presentation Drop Down Revised to be Clearer
- Feature #1807: Allow Editor to Include a Comment When Initiating Workflow
This feature introduces a new option on the Details screen of Workflow Schema assets that, when enabled, will allow editors to now leave a comment as part of the workflow initiation.
The Call REST Resource form submission and trigger actions within Squiz Matrix allows you to communicate with web services exposing themselves using Representational State Transfer (REST) methods, on the submission of a form or when a trigger is fired.
- Feature #2731: New User Login Attributes Added
Two new attributes have been added to Matrix to store a user's last login date (login_date) and IP address (login_ip).
- Feature #3308: Additional Asset Information in Error Logs
Previously, when monitoring the error logs of a Squiz Matrix system, it could often be difficult to determine the cause of an error, warning or notice.
This feature adds a new option on the System Configuration's Error/Debug Settings, allowing Matrix to display the current frontend asset ID and URL that an error has been triggered from.
- Feature #3546: E-Commerce Order Logs in the Log Manager
The Ecommerce Form Page's Order Logging screen allows you to tell Matrix to generate a log file in the system, to store a record of completed orders.
Previously, these order logs were only stored on the server and not accessible via the back-end.
This feature changes the way that the E-Commerce package stores these order logs, which will now be written to a new log file: data/private/logs/form_commerce_order.log. The contents of this log file can now be accessed using the system's Log Manager.
- Feature #3694: Custom Form: New Option to Restrict Access to Form Submissions
- Feature #3981: Custom Form: New Options to Add Extra Attributes on Form Tags
- Feature #4030: LDAP Paging Support for Active Directory
- Feature #4929: Disable Password Autocomplete on Asset Builder, Account Manager and Password Reset Assets.
- Feature #4937: Revised Default Start and End Times on Calendar Page Assets
- Feature #5001: Don't Load Simple Edit or Old WYSIWYG Scripts in _edit Mode
- Feature #5140: LDAP Caching in Matrix
- Feature #5153: New Config Option to Restrict the File Types Available Over a Static URL
A new field has been added to Squiz Matrix's System Configuration settings, allowing you to set the file extension types that will be not be served via static URL (as set in the System Static URL field).
This means that any specified file types will not use the system's static root domain ( i.e www.example.com), instead using Matrix's system root URL. Any file types not specified will be served via the static URL.
- Feature #5189: Highlighted Row Selections in Tables
This feature introduces the handy new addition of highlighted selections when browsing tables in Matrix's Administration interface. This means that row selections will be highlighted as you hover your cursor over a table.
- Feature #5261: Remove SQ_ACTION=login Parameter After Logging In
The feature adds a new redirect to remove the SQ_ACTION=login query parameter when logging into the system, and also the similar SQ_ACTION=logout when logging out of the system. This redirect will preserve any other query strings contained within the URL.
- Feature #5283: Better Handling of Referencing Files in Design Assets
- Feature #5288: SAML Account Manager: Redirect Delay
This feature introduces a new Redirect Delay setting on the SAML Account Manager, allowing you to set an amount of time in seconds to delay the redirect.
- Feature #5296: More Visible Hyperlink to Workflow Screen from Details Screen When Asset is in Workflow
- Feature #5297: Accessible Links in the Matrix Interface
Within Squiz Matrix's Administration Interface, there are numerous links to, for example, lists of available keywords or external documentation.
This feature modifies these internal links to be accessible for screen readers and other similar devices.
- Feature #5321: Spam Prevention Tools Extended to Account Manager Page
In the v4.16.2 release of Squiz Matrix, we introduced three new spam prevention options on the Custom Form and Asset Builder assets: Google reCAPTCHA, Honeypot Question and Submission Time Threshold. These tools have now been extended to the Account Manager Page.
- Feature #5368: Allow Users with Write Access to Choose Workflow Stream
This feature enables you to specify on the Workflow Schema asset, the minimum permission type required to be able to select the workflow stream to use.
- Feature #5639: Send Email Trigger Action: Send to User's Matrix Inbox
- Feature #5371: New Keywords to Print Current User's Internal Message Information
- Feature #5372: New Trigger Action to Mark a User's Inbox Messages as Read
- Feature #5411: Option to Replace Keywords in an XSL file When Applying to an XML File or Data Source Asset
- Feature #5419: Workflow Editor Comment Feature Extended to JS API Workflow Functions
- Feature #5434: New SOAP Function to Search Metadata
Squiz Matrix's SOAP API Metadata Service asset manages the metadata functions of the system's SOAP Server, including setting and regenerating metadata.
This feature introduces a new MetadataSearch function on this service to return assets matching a set metadata query.
- Feature #5439: Custom Form: Enable Simple edit keywords to Print Form Editing Contents
- Feature #5440: JS API: New Form Question Functions
- Feature #5446: Dynamically Select Workflow Stream Based on Keyword Replacement
Workflow streams within Squiz Matrix allow you to define multiple lists of workflow steps on a single Workflow Schema asset, applied on your pages. When the workflow process is initiated, users can select the workflow stream to use for the approval process.
This feature enables workflow streams to be automatically selected based on a keyword replacement value.
- Feature #5447: Dynamically Select Workflow Step Approval Based on Keyword Replacement
This feature introduces the option to dynamically configure approval conditions within the workflow process, based on a keyword replacement value.
- Feature #5465: The Google Analytics Bridge Connector
This feature introduces the new Google Analytics Connector asset that can be used to establish a connection to your Google Analytics application.
- Feature #5480: Ability for Triggers to Action on Other Assets
Previously, triggers within Squiz Matrix could only be actioned on the broadcasting asset, i.e. the asset that fired the event of the trigger.
This feature introduces a new Action On Other Assets option when configuring trigger actions, allowing you to run any trigger action on assets, other than the broadcasting asset.
- Feature #5488: Improved Modifier Support on Metadata Field Keywords
Metadata field keywords allow you to reference the value of a metadata field within another field on the same asset.
While these keywords have always supported the use of keyword modifiers, modifiers did not previously work correctly in cases where the metadata field value contained a keyword replacement. This was due to the modifier being applied before the keyword in the metadata value was replaced.
This feature improves modifier support on these metadata field keywords, to also support modifiers in these cases.
- Feature #5489: Increased URL Variable Character Field Size Limit
- Feature #5534: SAML Account Manager: Set Attributes and Metadata on Newly Created Users
- Feature #5535: OAuth: Sync User Attributes
When configuring the settings of the OAuth Account Manager, you are able to define the user attributes of your OAuth authorised users, using the profile data returned from the API.
These settings, however, did not update these values once they were initially populated. This meant that the values within Matrix could be outdated or out of sync, if updated externally.
This feature introduces a new Sync User Attributes section to combat this issue.
- Feature #5536: Deprecated Assets & Features
With the release of Squiz Matrix 5.1, we will be initiating a new deprecation process for old and unused assets and features.
Assets that have been marked for deprecation will be removed from the Matrix code via a 2 stage process: Notification and disabled creation, followed by the removal of code.
- Feature #5550: XSL File Now Processes Global Keywords Applied via Keyword Modifiers
- Feature #5552: E-Commerce Order: New Keyword to Print the Delivery ID
- Feature #5625: Minify CSS Design File
- Feature #5651: Remap Manager: Improved Purge All Remaps Note
The Purge All Remaps option on the Remap Manager is available within these settings to provide a easy method of mass deleting all remapped URLs on a system, except those marked as Never Delete.
This feature modifies the message under this field to make the usage of the Purge All Remaps option clearer.
- Feature #5653: Custom Form: New Input Type Option on Form Fields
- Feature #5700: SOAP Data Source: New WSDL Caching and Redirect Timeout Options
Squiz Matrix's SOAP Data Source asset allows you to send requests to a remote SOAP server and display the content of the response within your site.
This feature introduces two new options on the SOAP Data Source, that allow you to enable caching of WSDL file information and set a request timeout.
- Feature #5703: New URL Parameter to Print Asset Content Without a Design Applied
- Feature #5722: test_message.php Script Moved to a New Location
- Feature #5752: Enhancement: Improved Role Performance
- Feature #5784: REST Assets: New Labels on HTTP Request Attribute Checkbox Fields
- Feature #5786: Set Session Var Trigger Action Renamed to Omit 'Trigger Action'
- Feature #5810: Enhancement: Improved Performance n Links Report When Exporting the Report
- Feature #5862: New Keyword Modifier: unescapehtml
Edit+ for Squiz Matrix
- Feature #4120: Allow Editor to Include a Comment When Initiating Workflow
- Feature #4933: Custom Form Editing in Edit+ for Squiz Matrix
Squiz Matrix now supports the creation and editing of Custom Form assets within the Edit+ for Squiz Matrix interface. Forms can be used to collect different types of information from users, for example, a Contact Us form or a Job Application.
This feature allows you to create Custom Form assets using the Asset Creation Wizard, as well as navigate to existing Custom Form assets and begin editing them.
- Feature #5308: Google Analytics Tab in Edit+
This feature allows you to view the analytics data for the current URL within Edit+ for Squiz Matrix on the new Analytics screen, accessed in Edit mode.
- Feature #5400: Edit+ Editor Plugin Options
With the release of Edit+ for Squiz Matrix in 2012, we introduced a new WYSIWYG editor, providing an intuitive interface for creating and maintaining your content.
As of our release of Squiz Matrix 5, earlier this year, this WYSIWYG editor became available for use within the administration interface (for Squiz Plus customers), providing access to the full range of content editor features that were previously only available in Edit mode.
This feature extends the support of the Edit+ Editor within the administration interface, adding new system configuration options to specify the editing tools that you want to make available to your back-end users.
- Feature #5530: Maintenance Mode Notification Messages in Edit+
- Feature #5918: Custom Form: Field Note Text Enhancement
- Fixed Bug #5436: Asset map doesn't update after cloning asset if Squiz Server is ON
- Fixed Bug #5605: Quick search is not searching file type assets (pdfs)
- Fixed Bug #5691: Simple edit layout is not inherited by URL
- Fixed Bug #5726: Deja Vu causes weird errors during a restart of memcached/redis
- Fixed Bug #5779: Viper strips off YouTube iframe's src in Admin Interface
- Fixed Bug #5850: JS error thrown after committing trigger when trigger manager is expanded in tree.
- Fixed Bug #5886: 'Secure' Cookie wording in backend misleading
- Fixed Bug #5910: backup.sh can't cope with $1 in a password
- Fixed Bug #5915: MatrixUpgrades rejects valid upgrade paths and doesn't reject invalid ones
- Fixed Bug #5924: Second level asset listing nested content "cached" the JSON Data source with REST JS Asset as the source
- Fixed Bug #5925: %nested_get_<para>% Nested Parameter in asset listing does not work well with if the data is passing as a %ds__<para>%