Configuring a Trigger to Set the Status of a User
17 Dec 2015
This example will configure a Trigger to set the Status of a user account to Live when a user account is created. When user accounts are created within Squiz Matrix, users are not able to log in until the account is first activated (i.e. the Status of the account changed to Live). This Trigger will automatically activate these accounts for you.
To configure this Trigger, follow the steps outlined below.
- Create a new Trigger asset.
- Enter a Name and Description for the Trigger, as shown in the figure below.
- In the Events section, select the Asset Created Trigger Event.
- In the Conditions section, select the Asset is of type Trigger Condition and click Commit. Additional fields will appear in the Conditions section, as shown in the figure below. In the Match any one of these Types field, select User and click Inherit.
- In the Actions section, select the Set Status Trigger Action and click Commit. Additional fields will appear in the Actions section, as shown in the figure below. In the Set the Asset's Status to field, select Live. Select the Ignore Permissions field to allow Squiz Matrix to ignore the access rights of the user/s firing this trigger when performing this Trigger Action.
- When you are satisfied with the settings of this Trigger, change its Status to Enabled and click Commit.
When a User account is created in the system, the Status of the account will now automatically change to Live.